Holiday Home Insurance

Why it’s important to get the right cover for your holiday home

Owning or renting a holiday home gives you valuable freedom to escape the pressures of everyday life – but ensuring they stay spick and span for your arrival each time can be a worry. This is why holiday home insurance will give you peace of mind.

To protect your chance of getting away to your chosen holiday location when you like – especially as it is likely to stay empty for the lion’s share of each year – means it’s as important as your main home to have adequate cover for any eventuality.

Left unattended for such long periods of time holiday homes are vulnerable to damage and theft. This means it is important to protect the structure and contents when the owner is not in occupation.

And those who rent their property out need to consider protecting their holiday homes against any damage that may be caused by tenants.

At MTP our team is dedicated to finding you the most appropriate holiday home insurance. We can offer great rates from leading insurers with access to many schemes and products. Our promise is cheap prices, great levels of cover and great service.

Whether your vacation property is a Spanish villa or a comfortable cottage in Cornwall, MTP strives to help. We are adamant that even properties overseas should have the same level of protection that’s available in the UK.

Like your main property a holiday home requires cover for both buildings and contents.

The buildings cover protects against structural damage and usually includes the cost of repairing or even rebuilding the property, including any external structures like a swimming pool, in case the property suffers irreparable damage as a result of natural disasters or fires.

The contents cover protects whatever is inside the property including appliances, electronic gadgets, decorative pieces and furniture.

Our team is also able to advise and supply cover for extra expenses including damage to utilities like coolers, heaters, and water pipes, or broken roofs and window panes.

If the accident is so bad as to render the holiday home uninhabitable MTP can advise on policies that provide courtesy accommodation to relocate guests or tenants.

Finding a reputable insurance provider to cover your holiday home is important and when dealing with MTP you can rest assured that your best interests will always be in the front of our mind and that we will be honest and transparent at all times. Contact us now and ask for a free quote and consultation.